September 11, 2011

twisted scarf turban

I'm sure you've seen this around lately, the turban. Now you may be asking yourself why in the world anyone would want to wear a turban, well let me explain.

First off, they're amazing at giving you a "I actually put effort into my look" look when you really didn't. A quick wrap and tie of a pretty scarf and it looks like you're up with the trends. No one will know that you've been up all night with a teething child and just rolled out of bed in a sleepy haze and threw on whatever clothing was clean. 

Second, they're GREAT for hiding dirty/bad hair days, in fact they wear better if you haven't actually washed your hair in 2 or 3 (ok, in my case 4 or 5) days. 

Third, they're versatile! You can wear your hair up or down, and knot the turban several ways for different looks. 

1.
Here and here are tutorials on how to tie a scarf into a turban. 

2.
Here is a tutorial on how to sew your own twisted turban.

3.
Here and here are some inspiration from real life lovelies who rock the turban. 
Forget Me Knot Headband 
And if you don't want to mess with scarves and tying knots and such (even though it is as easy as tying your shoes, promise!) you can wear a turban headband. Doesn't get much easier than that! The one above is from Anthropologie and is on its way to my doorstep as we speak. Yay! 

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I'm into hair doodads (fascinators, headbands) and I've been curious about this turban business. Thanks for posting the scarf-to-turban tutorial--I'm going to try this out when I get home tonight!

    ReplyDelete