August 8, 2011

Sewing For Fall

Here it is, outfit/item #2 in the Sewing For Fall series I'm doing. At the end of the series like to have at least 8 pieces made for Ella's Fall wardrobe, a few tops, dresses, bottoms, accessories and maybe even a sweater. This simple peasant dress is similar to the cap sleeved tunic  (item #1), but with a full sleeve and elastic casing around the neck and arms. I didn't use a pattern for this dress, but again it's similar to this free tutorial and this pattern.
I think that it'll look darling with leggings, and I love the combo of polka dots and the funky strawberry print. (I can't find the names of the fabric, but they were ordered online. If anyone recognizes what they are please email me or leave a comment with the names.)
Since this is the second top/dress, I'll be doing a pair of bottoms next. I've been thinking about working with knit/jersey fabric on the next project, and leggings seem like a good addition to Elle's fall wardrobe. I've never really sewn with those types of fabrics, but I've been seeing a lot of great tutorials using jersey/knits. 

Are you doing any sewing for fall? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. As a new follower I had to leave you some comment love!! So glad to have found your blog lovey!

    Ps: Your Etsy is rocking my socks!

    Xoxo
    Crystal
    www.domesticbutnotmartha.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks crystal! i think i've seen you around on twitter! your site is lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete