April 15, 2011

{find a friend friday - link up! week 9}

Hey Everyone! I hope you all had a great week, mine has been busy, busy busy! I've had a bachelorette night, hosted a wedding shower, appointments, shop orders, post office runs, housecleaning, gosh the list goes on and on... :) Anyways, the week really slipped by me and guess where we are now? Find A Friend Friday! Yay! Today were excited to introduce you to Jacqui, read on for more about her adorable handmade business...

Welcome to week 8 of Find a Friend Friday. We're so excited you're joining Alissa and I. We hope you'll link up and tell your friends to link up too.


 Jacqui from Craftee McGee is an amazing lady! Her store is filled with absolutely adorable goodies too. Here are just a few:





So cute, right?! I hope you enjoy getting to know Jacqui as much as I have.

1.Tell us about yourself.
I am a wife to my best friend, mama to our super spoiled yellow lab, daughter, sister, aunt, friend and follower of Jesus. I am a "church lady" by day- secretary, treasurer, web designer and everything else our little church needs- and craftee mcgee by night! I love to cook & bake, read, crochet and explore the northwoods with Brandon & Maddie. We recently left the suburbs of Chicago to move to northern Wisconsin and we are loving our new, quiet life in the woods.  

2. Tell us a little about your shop.
My shop contains jewelry and accessories that will add a unique twist to your everyday outfits. My "Craft ADD" is noticeable in the shop! I can't settle on just one medium or process so the shop has a little bit of everything! I offer everything from simple charm earrings to felt headbands to floral statement necklaces. I'm hoping to add some of my crocheted items soon. Many of the items are created from vintage jewelry or fabric. I love taking something old or discarded and giving it a new life! 

Also, for the month of April I will be donating 20% of all sales to the American Red Cross relief efforts in Japan. 
3. How did your shop name come to be?

I wanted to choose a name that wouldn't limit me to just one product. Since I love to use so many different crafty mediums, a name like Jewelry by Jacqui just wouldn't do :) Friends had started calling me Craftee McGee and it just sounded right. I changed the usual 'y' on crafty to double ee's and here we are! 

4. What got you started with your craft,and selling your items?
I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. I started with jewelry when I was pretty young. I used to have a bead loom that used seed beads to make bookmarks. I got bored with the loom so I swiped my dad's fishing line and used the seed beads to make a daisy choker and ring set. I sold a few at our school's craft fair in 5th grade and I've been hooked on jewelry ever since! {and I still have my dad's fishing line- sorry dad!} 

5. Favorite part of your day?
Either drinking my morning cup of coffee or the moment I hear the garage door go up and Brandon walks in smelling like a woodshop after a long day of construction work. {i love that smell!}

6. What food or food group would you refuse to live without? 
Dark chocolate & coffee!



7. Where can we find you?

stop by and visit me!
twitter: @crafteemcgee


Jacqui has offered to give all my readers a 20% discount to her store. A-mazing! Use the code findafriend20 at checkout. Code is only good for 1 week so hurry!

Now that you've met Jacqui, we'd love to have the chance to meet you. Believe it or not we do look through all the blogs who link up. We love meeting new people!! You can link you your blog, store, Twitter.... it's totally up to you! Fun, fun, fun!

Linky Party Rules:
There are no rules, just link up and hopefully you'll hop around, meet some new people and leave some love on their blog.

Party ends on Monday! Happy Linking.

No comments:

Post a Comment