April 29, 2011

{find a friend friday - link up! week 11}

Welcome back to week 11 of Find a Friend Friday. Last week I had so much fun browsing through all your super cute Easter decorations.


Today Alissa and I are so excited to introduce you all to Kristen from Rock-A-Bow. Not only are her bow tie headbands to die for, she's also a super awesome WAHM of 2 wee ones. If you're looking for something to jazz up any outfit, be sure to check out her store.







1.Tell us about yourself.
Hi everyone. I'm Kristen from Rock-A-Bow. I am a wife, a mommy of two adorable babies and a full blown Jesus freak. I am slightly addicted to coffee, fabric and all things handmade. When I'm not playing with my babies or sewing, you can most likely find me at church or blogging. I'm pretty simple...
2. Tell us a little about your shop.
Rock-A-Bow was inspired by my little girl Rhiannon and her best bud Anberlyn. It was originally a bow and tutu company with the idea of making little girls happy. After having a baby boy and learning to sew, Rock-A-Bow has become so much more. I am constantly trying to think of new and fun things to create. 
3. How did your shop name come to be?
Well...like I just mentioned, Rock-A-Bow was a bow and tutu company and it was targeted at babies and toddlers. The original idea was a play on words Rock-A-Bow baby, you know like Rock-A-Bye. As things changed and we grew, baby was dropped and now we are simply Rock-A-Bow.
4. What got you started with your craft,and selling your items?
Let's face it, being a mommy of a little girl gets pricey. Especially when you have a bald baby girl. So I started making bows for my own little girl. I was always being asked where I got them so a friend and I decided to put our cute bows out there for others to buy. Rock-A-Bow was a way for me to potentially stay home with my babies, a way for me to make my stay at home mommy dream come true. Although I still have to work part time from home, Rock-A-Bow is growing and will soon be the only "work" I have to do.
5. Favorite part of your day?
Without a doubt my favorite part of the day is first thing in the morning. Which is odd. I am NOT a morning person. But around 8:30 every morning Talon (baby boy) wakes up and we play for about 15 minutes before Rhi (my 2 year old girl) wakes up and we all snuggle and play in bed for about an hour. It is pure joy every morning. 
6. What food or food group would you refuse to live without?
Caffeine. That's a food group right? Both chocolate and coffee make me one happy momma. Although, I love me some carbs. Pasta, bread, you name it, I love it. Can you all tell that I am NOT a healthy eater? I should work on that.
7. Where can we find you?

You can find me on Big Cartel at www.rockabow.bigcartel.com

Twitter handle @rockabow

This week we hope you'll link up and say hello. We'd love to see what you're working on this week. It can be a DIY, a tutorial, a craft or even a post about yourself.

Party ends on Monday, Happy Linking!

No comments:

Post a Comment