March 25, 2011

{find a friend friday - link up! week 6}

Hi Friends!! Can you believe it's already week 6 of Find a Friend Friday? Alissa and I are so excited! This week we're really hoping we can link up at least 20 people, will you help spread the word to your friends?


Today, I'm so excited to introduce you to Katie from Songs Kate Sang.


Isn't she cute?! I know, right. Not only is she adorable, but so is her Etsy Shoppe. I've had so much fun perusing her store over the last few days putting together a wish list of items I'm hoping to purchase from her in the near future. I've been looking forward to featuring her on the blog today.

1.Tell us about yourself.

I am a Texas girl that marched to the beat of a job transfer to Arizona.
I always pictured raising my family in Texas, sending my children to Texas A&M and retiring somewhere with huge trees and green fields, but God had a little different and wonderful plan for me.
I have absolutely fallen in love with the desert. I adore the unexpected colors and the quiet of the star filled nights.

I began this blog as a way to stay in touch with my sweet family back in Texas. Since starting this online journal, I have read stories that filled my heart with complete love, I have seen pictures that moved me to tears and I have stood beside you on causes that caused my entire being to stir. 

2. Tell us a little about your shop.
When you take the time to write a letter, you have the chance to make someone's mundane trip to the mailbox just as good as opening a present !  
I like to make one of a kind, handmade notecards and postcards.


I also have a special place in my heart for Golden Books.



3. How did your shop name come to be?
Great question!  I usually go by Katie and wanted a little anonymity when I first started.  I was very nervous about putting myself out there on a blog and opening an Etsy shop.   Psalm 121 had been a source of great comfort and joy for me, so I decided that my blog and my etsy shop would be my Psalm.  I would use these to honor my family and my faith.


4. What got you started with your craft,and selling your items?
 After being transferred, I had a few quiet evenings on my hands.  My children were older now and going to bed at a normal time.  I would make cards and write to friends.  I found myself with extra cards and a friend suggested selling them on Etsy.  That evolved into card making and tag making. 


5. Favorite part of your day?
Mornings, when my kids come and snuggle with me just before the alarm goes off.

6. What food or food group would you refuse to live without?
A definite tie between steak and chocolate. 

7. Where can we find you?
Kate Eschbach

Songs Kate Sang™
Kate's Twitter:  @SongsKateSang

Send Love. Expect Nothing in Return.™


Now go buy some of her adorable products!! But before you go, link up your blog. It can be your blog, a specific blog post, or a craft you've been working on.

Linky Party Rules:
1. Please follow Abstract Grace, Rags to Stitches, and Songs Kate Sang
2. Go meet new friends
3. Share the news about our fun party on Twitter and Facebook so your friends can join in too.

Party Ends Monday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment