March 18, 2011

{find a friend friday - link up! week 5}

Welcome to week 5 of Find a Friend Friday. Alissa and I are so excited you're back.


 This week has been filled with trips to the antique mall treasure hunting for some new pieces for the house (no luck so far), play dates (good for not only Ella, but mommy too), dinner with friends, oh..and the most fun, a girls night in. We ate pasta (too much pasta) and ice cream, and there were no children! (ekk!) just adults, a lovely group of women chatting about craft projects, shopping, and other girly topics. It was a fun night, and I can't wait to do it again!

Now onto the task at hand, I'm thrilled to introduce you to Ruthanne from Eclectic Whatnot! You are going to love her fun, outgoing personality, and her shop filled with all kinds of amazing goodies.





1.Tell us about yourself.
My family is a modern day Brady Bunch.When hubby and I met, I was a single mother of one and he was a single father of three. Now, after thirteen years of marriage, we’ve added four more children to our number and become convinced of the necessity of caffeine!
I am passionate about my Lord, my husband (aka the French teacher ~ it’s okay if you’re slightly jealous), and my children.
Here are some randomly random things about me . . . .
I homeschool.
I’ve been known to eat chocolate chips straight out of the bag.
I’m having a love affair with my sewing machine.
I listen to classical music.
I like beer. The dark kind.
I love the arts.
I devour good literature.
I’m a compulsive baker.
I’m a Reformed Baptist.
I heart old, B&W movies.
I think my husband is sexy.
I love him. Like a lot.
I also have a crush on Jack Bauer. It’s okay. My husband knows.
My drug of choice is the Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks (Grande, please).
Show tunes make me happy.
I hide behind my Nikon.
I dearly love to laugh.
2. Tell us a little about your shop.
My shop . . . . . oooh, I love that little corner of my world. {happy sigh} I sew ruffled camera strap covers, pleated scarves and some adorably, ruffled skirts. 
I kinda have a thing for ruffles. ;D





3. How did your shop name come to be?
My blog name came first. Eclectic Whatnot just came to me one day over three years ago and I instantly loved it. I started my blog that same night. I can blog about anything and it's a great fit to my shop as it grows and expands. I'm not limited to any certain product or style. I love that!
4. What got you started with your craft,and selling your items?
My friend Melissa gifted me with a homemade camera strap cover over a year ago. I wondered if i could make one, too. I dusted off my sewing machine and started playing around with fabric. Now, almost a year after opening my shop, my machine is still humming along and I'm still playing with fabric.
5. Favorite part of your day?
Ooooh. I love the evenings. The quiet after a full day. The children tucked into bed and snoring softly. Me and my man snuggled on the couch.

6. What food or food group would you refuse to live without?

Mexican. I love me some Mexican food. Nom nom nom

7. Where can we find you?

Twitter: @eclecticwhanot

Thanks for visiting, hope you'll link up so we can meet you and get to know you better. You can link up your blog or a specific blog post. Tell your friends and share our button.

Rules for Party:
1. Please follow myself, Rags To Stitches Boutique and Eclectic Whatnot
2. Leave some love if you want us to follow you back
3. Find some new friends.

Party ends on Monday night! Happy linking!

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed reading more about Ruthanne... I gave one of her camera straps to my mother-in-law for Christmas and she love love loves it.

    Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete