April 4, 2012

diy blackboard

I just wanted to share with you a project I completed last week, a DIY kitchen blackboard. It was beyond easy, and only cost me $3.99! I've been wanting a chalkboard near the kitchen to write lists, notes, and menu plans on but the size of the wall I wanted to put it on was rather awkward. 
The frame I picked up at the thrift store, and the paint I already had. I just gave the frame a coat of white paint, then sanded around the edges for a distressed look. Then I flipped the mat board in the frame over and gave it two good coats of chalkboard paint. 
Easy peasy. 
If you're wondering where the quote is from, it's from the original movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Willy Wonka whispers "so shines a good deed in a weary world" when Charlie gives back the gobstopper. It's probably my all time favorite quote. Ever. :)
Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment