June 10, 2011

{embellished kids tank tops}

On a recent trip to Target I was browsing through the sale section of the children's department and found a yellow tank and striped tank on sale in Ella's size for only $1.12 each (can't beat that!). I couldn't pass up such a great deal, so I snagged them and knew I could do something fun with them. 

I decided that a simple embellishment of yoyo's would be perfect to jazz them up, and because I have a fabric scrap stash the size of mt. everest yoyo's were a perfect option. 

If you've never made a yoyo, here are a few great tutorials on how make them:

And the finished project? Two cute summer tops for Ella! This is also a great project for repurposing thrift store finds, or any clothing/accessory that needs a little extra something. 


No comments:

Post a Comment