February 2, 2012

feelin' the love

It's February 2nd! That means only 12 more days until Valentines day. We were at Lowe's the other night and I stocked up on paint swatches in shades of red and pink knowing that I'd need to decorate something for the holiday this month. I used the same method as my Halloween paint swatch garland (you can find my tutorial here). The only difference this time is that I glued my paint swatches together first (right sides out) and instead of using a 2" hole punch, I freehand cut hearts. The hearts are by no means exactly the same but they look cute hanging from the mantle nonetheless. It was so fast and easy that it got me wanting to start on another Valentines day project. I'll share that one next week!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try sewing a paper garland! Hearts were a great idea!

    ReplyDelete