February 17, 2010

{Projects: Owl Stuffy}

Here is the stuffed owl I made for Baby Evan (who finally made his grand debut last Tuesday, Happy 1 Week B-Day Evan!). I just freehand drew a template for the owl and added what I thought were the right touches; a circle of brown felt for the belly, a small triangle of yellow felt for the nose, and for the sweet little closed eyes I used embroidery thread.

Sorry no tutorial for this one, maybe at a later date I'll scan the template I made so you all can use it. It's not perfect by any means (especially the slip stitching on the bottom, really not pretty) but I'll fool myself by saying it adds to his charm. My favorite part of this little guy is the Joel Dewberry Faux Bois fabric (from his Aviary collection). I've been dying to use it, and I think it fits this little woodland creature well. Hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment